Monday, April 16, 2012

Somewhere close to the DMZ border

On the very same day as the North Korea was launching missiles, my hosts invited me to join them on their workshop north of Seoul... right by the DMZ border!^^
Like always, since I get motion sickness I slept all my way there, and the nightly discovery of Hongdae didn't help me out at all.^^

The five of us (their former intern Jenna also joined in), were to stay in an apartment resort, and no program was set up, so upon arrival we all sat down and decided we'd go visit the museum of Traditional Korean spirits (Makgeolli among others).
The museum also offered a tryout of traditional Korean games and we could also enjoy the sight of some beautiful reconstructed Korean houses in traditional style... and of course to finish it all off there was a tasting of all the houses different spirits accompanied by snacks made from the leftovers from the wine producing.

We then continued the evening with more Makgeolli and a delicious Korean Kalbi BBQ starting out the evenings discussion topic; dating seen from men and women's perspective. I got to know a lot about the Korean dating and gender views.

When it got late, I slept together on the floor (Korean fashion) together with Lina and Jenna, felling like being amongst long time friends. I'm really happy I met these wonderful persons.^^

Gigantic barrels containing the fermenting alcohol out in the back yard.

The tournament was on, loser got to get a taste of the small pond.^^

Fooling around in the back yard of the liquor museum.

Makgeolli tasting

After the museum we went on a small hike around the lake where Kim Il Sung (former President of North Korea) used to have a cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment