Wednesday, April 11, 2012

안녕하새요 Seoul

After all the back and forth with my lost passport, visa issuing etc, I ended up having to quit Vietnam in order to obtain a 3 months tourist visa again, and so here I am, completely new and (not so) fresh in SEOUL!^^
Got off the plane at 7.40am local time (that means 5.40am HCM time), spending more than 4 hours to get into central Seoul (don't ask me what took me so long, I have no idea^^), met my hosts Jonghyun, Lina and Min, had lunch, went off for some sightseeing along the Cheonggyecheon River, had a Chai Tea Latte, went for dinner at Jonghyun's house and right now I'm finishing off some work before literally crashing into bed (having troubles keeping my eyes open!^^)

Love this city, it's the first time I've seen a mountain raising in the middle of sky scrapes and ancient royal temples. There are so many colors, old and ridiculously new mixed wherever you go. Boulevards with 8 lanes in the city center, right next to a tiny winding street that takes you up to nowhere. The traffic is heaving, the commuters on the subway are more than many, you smell spring and freshness in the air, and the subways is so clean you could almost lay down on the floor to take a nap!^^

I'm up for a pretty busy week, I'm telling you people, this city just has too much to offer, I won't even see a fraction in a week no matter how hard I try, so I've decided not to try. I have Lonely Planet in my bag (unread), a subway map in Korean, cash in my wallet and for once I'll just follow the flow, trying to feel the Seoul pulse to its fullest.

Good night!
The Cheonggyecheon River was decorated in honor of todays election.

Heavy traffic, the Gyeongbokgung Palace in front of the Blue House Hill..

... and on the side this gigantic book store.

Too tired and fully enjoying my meal I completely forgot to take photos at Jonghyun's in the Mullae neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. Åh vad härligt det låter! Jag vill också!!!!
    Njut nu massor vännen så hörs vi snart!

    Puss å kram

    ReplyDelete