Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My washing machine

When I moved to Paris, I first discovered that laundry was something one had to take care of in order for the dirty ones to end up clean and neat in the closet.
I used to sit around and wait by the nearest "lavomatic" doing my homework or reading a book for hours. Then I grew up... and got to buy my very own washing machine... and I was the first of all of my friends to buy one!^^
... probably for the only reason that most of my friends lived in Sweden, where washing machines... with all extra equipment... are at your disposal 24/7 for free in the basement (if you live in an apartment building this is).
Most people would say this is; "Practical, easy, less time consuming, a relief..." and so on... whilst I've also heard things like; "Horrible, Communist thinking or source to conflicts" (mostly by non-Swedes).
However it's true that the common laundry room does create conflicts, but I'll get back to that next time. This time I just wanted to share what my common laundry room looks like!^^

This is the little laundry room.

And this is the big one.

Here you can swap books (makes me think of Nha Trang where every restaurant, shop, spa... you name it had a book swapping corner)

Drying room.

Mangel and ironing corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment